Heart Attack : Symptoms, Risk And Way to Avoid
A heart attack occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is severely reduced or blocked. The blockage is usually due to a build up of fat, cholesterol and other substances in the heart coronary arteries.
Sometimes, a plaque can rupture and form a clot that blocks blood flow. A lack of blood flow can damage or destroy part of the heart muscle and lead to a heart attack.
A heart attack occurs when an artery that sends blood and oxygen to the heart becomes blocked. Fatty, cholesterol-rich deposits build up over time, causing plaque to form in the heart’s arteries. If the plaque ruptures, a blood clot may form. The clot can block the arteries, causing a heart attack. During a heart attack, the heart muscle tissue is destroyed due to lack of blood flow and the person may even die.
Age Risk increases for men older than 45 and for women older than 55 (or after menopause). About 83% of people who die from heart disease are 65 or older.
Heart Attack Symptoms
Some people have mild symptoms. Others have severe symptoms. Some people have no symptoms.
- Chest pain that may feel like pressure, tightness, pain, squeezing or aching
- Pain or discomfort that spreads to the shoulder, arm, back, neck, jaw, teeth or sometimes the upper belly
- Cold sweat
- Heartburn or indigestion
- sudden dizziness
- Shortness of breath
- Women may have atypical symptoms such as brief or sharp pain felt in the neck, arm or back. Sometimes, the first symptom sign of a heart attack is sudden cardiac arrest.
Risk factors for a heart attack include :
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- High blood sugar
- Lack of exercise
Ways to Avoid Heart Attack :
- Check cholesterol
- Control blood pressure
- Control diabetes
- Get regular physical activity
- Regular Yoga
- Don’t smoke
- Limit alcohol
- Keep a healthy weight. Having overweight or obesity increases your risk for stroke
- Choose healthy foods and drinks
- Choosing healthy meal and snack options can help you prevent stroke
To read such new facts and new tips, keep visiting our website besthinditips.com. Thanks and visit again..